Saturday, November 30, 2013

Brrrr it's cold out there.  14 degrees last I checked.  I am staying home this morning.  And, to that end, I started cleaning. In the dark.  Yep, I have to just do it when it strikes me.  So, I started in the living room and did the dusting, vacuuming and cob web removal.  There has been an increase in cobwebs here.  I have no idea why.. But all gone now.. Then I went into the kitchen, vacuumed that floor and mopped it, and half way through my sponge mop promptly fell apart.  I think I would like to get one of those steam mops.. I think with dogs, it makes sense... I also washed walls... So, it's a bit better now.   I have some furniture to get rid of, as I don't need or like some of it.  I am a minimalist, sort of by necessity.  I can't afford a couch, and I am afraid to get a used one for fear of bugs or other grossness.  So, my tiny house looks big ;)


I had some pie last night, with my mint chip ice cream, which was great.  I was beat yesterday, not sure why.

Now I have today and tomorrow off, and will continue the cleaning, and I may hit Tractor Supply to get some work jeans.  The only jeans I can find in malls or department stores are stretch jeans, and they do NOT go well with being outside in freezing weather.  So, have to get some some where... Maybe I need  trip to LL Bean in Albany..

I worked the dogs yesterday, and not sure I will today.  I have run out of ways to keep it interesting... I surely wish I had more land and more sheep... Oh well.  It's also a bit chilly.. so I guess we will all survive.

I hope you are all having a great weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelpie...I find all my work jeans at the thrift store. Good sturdy brands in good shape for cheap-less than $5, might try that too. I hate paying the prices for LL Bean or Wangler, too, too much.

Sherri said...

Yes thank you! Having a nice weekend for sure! Glad you got a little down time, it's good for the bones! Been reading your blog and happy to have found ya. We are kindred spirits! We have a little homestead too! Thanks for writing... Sherri

Dancing shepherdess said...

I will look into that Anon :) Tomorrow that is on my agenda.. Need several pair...

Dancing shepherdess said...

Welcome Sherri :)