Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Time is flying.. Good or bad, that's what it's doing!  The last two weeks I have been very busy at work, covering for a vacationing colleague.  I have not had a lot of time to get much done, but been at it.. For instance, I found that the Lysol Mold/Mildew remover/cleaner, is GREAT for cleaning floors.. I did my bathroom floor in a fraction of the time it usually takes me.  There is always a bit of "glue" from the hair product I use, but this stuff took it off like it was not even there.. Dream come true!

Last weekend I rented a walk behind brush hog.  It's great in many ways.  But, it's rough too.  Though it gets a lot done, and has power drive, it does not have power steering, and I beat myself up badly maneuvering it amongst all the trees.  I had it for a total of five hours and I think that is all I can do with it for several years ;)  But, I did get a lot of the snake root cut down in the big field and I did the WHOLE hill field !!!! Yes!! And, I noticed that the grass in the hill field is gorgeous, underneath all that snake root.   There are still a few plants, but it's 98% clear.  Now, when I walk by that field my heart sings.. DIE you snake root!

I had a photographer come to my place on Sunday.  She got some shots of Dan and Joe working, and several of my sheep.  The lighting was just about perfect, so they turned out really nice.  Not many of Dan, which saddens me, but I think I will be getting a decent camera in the not too distant future... so I can get some of my boy.

Later this week I plan to rent a brush trimmer (hand held) to attack more of the snake root.  The next few days are supposed to be very hot, so I am not doing much.

Sheep are good, will be checking lambs again end of this week.  Hope we can get through this scary time for parasites un-scathed.

So, that's it for now.  No trials for a while....

No comments: