Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Yesterday after work, checked/fed sheep, I see another Cheviot has been marked... This boy is smitten, however with the Border Leicester he bred. He lays right next to her and when she gets up and moves, so does he ;) I see markings on one of the lambs, which I really don't want to happen, because they are too young in my opinion, but it may just be from jostling to get out of the barn yesterday....

I got a fair amount of cleaning done at the house yesterday, and am slowly feeling like I can function again. It's amazing what sleep does for a person. My mother made her signature apple crisp yesterday, and made a pan for me, so I have to head up there to get it tonight :) I love apple crisp/pie/fritters, you name it.

Dan has been so extremely wired lately- he has so much energy working the sheep, and running between the fields when I am either walking or moving feed pans, or you name it. He's incredibly fit. Dan is not a dog who could ever be just a pet. No way no how.

Got an email asking about the Cheviot ewe lambs I posted for sale on craigslist, they want them in the spring, not now (I assume like me, they don't want to feed them over the winter). I already have whatever I have extra spoken for.... My plan is to increase my flock by 2 x each year, so I can actually get them to pay for themselves- at least pay for their hay.

It's raining today, so I doubt I will get any dog work in. Tomorrow is another day!

No comments: