Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Well, it all came to a head yesterday. I was so over wrought worrying about money, that I was not sleeping (maybe 4 hours a night) not hungry, and my blood pressure was way up. I am finding that I am going to need to take more time to relax, and maybe do some yoga.......

So, anyway, I got up early yesterday, had an extremely busy day at work, and then home. I got the dogs, headed up to the farm, and checked the sheep. Favey, the Border Leicester ewe was blue ;) I wish I had a nice Border Leicester ram to breed her to, because she's a stunning girl, but these mules will be nice anyway...

I decided to move the flock to the other field, after I worked Dan. I find that if I want precise work, and also, for Dan to remember flanks, etc., I need to work him regularly. So, I am making that effort. I then went and marked the girls with a sort of ID with crayon, so I can tell who was bred and when, and wrote it down. Of course they may not actually settle, but at least I have some idea...

When I put them in the new field, they were extremely happy, and all just got to the business of eating. Sheep just LOVE new fields. It's like moving to a nice new house, for people....

When I got home yesterday, I was so tweaked, that I decided I needed a hot bath. So, I took one and then got in bed and relaxed, and later, I read my book and I slept all night. I have not slept all night in it seems like MONTHS. I woke up when the paper delivery came.... I was so happy.

I think we are due to get rain on Weds/Thurs this week, so my plans to go work dogs may be dashed. Oh well, this time of year you can't count on the weather........... This year, you can't count on the weather at all!

Oh, got my passport yesterday. That was quick!

No comments: