Monday, August 11, 2008

It's all me I tell ya!

Lucy and I had another lesson over the weekend. What a lesson it was. Talk about eye opening. I have been so over the top tense when I work Lucy- that poor dog. No wonder she gets zippy. I routinely don't give her enough time, for say walk ups- she is working them from a distance- I want faster. I routinely position her IN their bubble- which upsets she and the sheep. I just completely act as ass. Then I get loud, because Lucy isn't listening. Seriously, I know there are some things that Lucy has to improve on, but I need to improve on my attitude, and patience. It isn't anything more than that. Thank goodness Lucy hasn't quit on me- I owe her big time for that. So, from now on, my main goal when working Lucy will be for me to remain calm, and relaxed, and keep the sessions not so God awful long. We have been working more on driving, and my instructor gave me some cool exercises for Lucy to do- which Lucy likes a lot. We have a trial on Friday, who knows how we will do, but I can tell you one thing- I won't be screaming, and I won't lose my temper- my dog needs me to be the calm, collected one- I hope that she can relax herself- and that I haven't been just too God awful to have ruined her ability to be that way.

No comments: