Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Getting back into the groove

So, I am going to "Make this Blog Great Again" ;)  Well, I will at the very least try and post more than once every couple of years, maybe several times in two years...


So, life is good for me.  The Sheep are doing well.  I brought out a bale of hay to them two days ago, since they had moved in to the close field, from the outer field... this is their way of saying that there is no more feed for them out there.  So, anyway, I brought a bale out to them, and they seemed interested... Now, they are all fat, except the ram- he's a bit thin. 

Yesterday, when I got there, there was not a scrap of hay left, nothing.  I could not have vacuumed and seen it any cleaner.  Oh well, that right there tells me they are hungry.  So, I brought out a bale yesterday, this one was larger, and had more alfalfa in it.  The ram was not dog broke, so Joe had to do this.  Joe is such a sweet dog.  He does not want to bite, but he will if he must.  So I had to gee him on a bit-- and then the ram came at him, and that's when he nipped him.  Now the ram realizes Joe is not to be ignored.  Joe LOVES this.  It is absolutely the most rewarding thing to him- to feel useful to me, and to get real work done.  So, now for the next several months I will be feeding Sheep.  Joy.  Whatever, it is what you gotta do.  I do love my Sheep.  No, not in a lovey dovey way, but in a shepherd's way.  I love to take care of animals.  It is what I was born to do.  And,  Sheep really require very little in return- other than some feed and freedom to move around.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday.

No comments: