Monday, February 11, 2008

Lucy, the gift

Lucy, is quite simply, a gift. She is such a wonderful dog for me, and opened my world up to all the wonders of sheep herding.
Lucy not only works sheep pretty well, she also is the top dog in my goose control work, and is just a wonderful dog to live with. In the house, she is a model house pet. Get her on sheep, and she is all business. The dog has never, and will never quit. She has demonstrated her ability to think quickly, handle sheep in all sorts of situations, and she has one of the nicest casts I have seen in any Kelpie. She has loads of natural ability- has very nice walk up, cover, and her drive is not too shabby. She is still such a young dog, we have a long way to go, before I can say we have "gotten there", but at this point, she is everything I had hoped for when I started this whole sheep herding shootin' match. I could not be more proud of Lucy if she were a clone of any of the top working Kelpies ever born.

1 comment:

Herderkelpie said...

Hi Julie, you have done a superb job with your site and if one Kelpie is worthy of a site it is your 'Lucy', she is a little star.
Such a versatile Kelpie, willing to turn her paw's to anything and keep going all day.
The video's I have seen prove this, WAY TO GO you two. I have joined this site, so that I can follow your progress and GOOD LUCK with that.
Love and Light Viv and the TYCO Dog's. x