Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Back to normal


Well, now that things have settled back to normal, life is some how much nicer! I do enjoy visiting, but I *really* enjoy routine, and I lost that for a couple of weeks. Lucy who did some odd stuff last time I worked her, so I have given her some time off, seems back to normal energy. She really seemed just plain tired- sleeping a lot, and well, just not herself. But, yesterday when swimming after some geese, I could see she was really pumping her legs hard, and she looked good. Today we go to another golf course. We are entered in three trials this weekend- yes three. I had entered one, forgot about it, and then entered another that is a two dayer. Not sure what I will do. On Sat we head up to Peter V's for a novice usbcha trial, and on Sun, there is an asta trial and also the second of Peter's. Not sure what to do about that. I may try and do both... Hee hee hee! After these trials though, we have a bit of a break. I need another dog to work, because I see myself drilling Lucy too much, and I hate myself for it. I have come to the realization that training a dog isn't so much about perfecting the work, it's about perfecting the interaction between handler/dog/sheep. That just can't be rushed, or squished into small dots of time. I am so torn between breeding Lucy, and getting a nice BC pup. After the clinic, I was set on a BC pup, but dang I love everything about Lucy. Just everything.

No comments: