Sunday, June 22, 2008

Another trial, lots to learn

Lucy and I ran at a usbcha trial this weekend- novice classes. We ran Sat and Sun. On Sat, when I walked out to the field I paid attention to which side Lucy set herself up for. It was come by. So, I sent her. It was a stunning outrun. Seriously, it was very nice. She got behind the sheep- they jumped, and she CIRCLED them. DAGNABIT!!!!!! But, then she was calm, got them to my feet, and we made it through the rest of the course. We got a horrible score- mainly because all but 5 points were taken off the outrun for her shenanigans on the top, and completely screwed up the turn at the post. But, we did pen them, and I was happy with the run. On Sunday, again I sent her come by, and it was a good outrun, and this time no circling. She brought them true, and for SOME FREAKIN' reason I messed up at the post turn- the judge said that we didn't make a full turn. Anyway, we did (I thought) decent on the drive. The pen, was, however, a different story. We could not get them penned, and she was just crazy. Still, I thought we had a good run until then. Nope, just as bad a score as yesterday. We only came away with 9 points on the fetch and 6 on the drive. I guess we can't win for losing. I have no real idea what costs us so many points, and it is very frustrating. I KNOW Lucy to be a better worker than this, and it hurts me to see her score so low. I couldn't care about placements, or ribbons or the like- I just want others to see what my girl can do. The upside is that Lucy did get full points for her outrun and lift this time. I am a bit defeated. I think from now on I will have someone video our runs, so that I can see just WHAT is going wrong, and work to fix it.

No comments: