Thursday, April 17, 2008

Everything's coming up roses...

Or, well, at least green! Today we hit 80 degrees. It was so warm, Tucker didn't want to stay outside- he was too hot, Lucy hopped in the stock tank, and Cori just plain would not go outside. I of course am revelling in the fact that it is finally truly spring, a time of renewed energy, and faith. I have many plans for my yard/home this year, my dogs, and me. Yard will be spruced up further- I am putting in a pea gravel walk way, and clearing out some of the woods to the side of my property. I am also planting more shrubs, and painting the front door- along with some new outside lights, AND fence.
The Chatham sheepdog trial is weekend after this. I can't wait to see all the top handlers out there, and just sit, and see how it's done. Regarding dogs, I have recently come to the conclusion that I would like to have a second dog to work. Yes, that is how hooked I am. Lucy is everything I had hoped she would be, but I simply cannot train her for hours at end. I wish I had another just like her.. Then I could trade off for each, and everyone would be rested :)
I have received just about the last registrations for the clinic, and that looks to be great- I just need to make sure I have everything I need. Food plans, scheduling of each person's time to work with Kevin; all that is something I want to have figured out before we even start. Well, enough for now, spring is here and I have lots to do!

No comments: