Tuesday, January 24, 2012

So, yesterday the snow was sticky. It stuck to my boots, and I decided discretion was the better part of valor and did not walk the dogs on our usual 30 degree angle path. I knew I would fall. So, I did. But, not walking the dogs, just bringing out a bale of hay. Luckily it was one of those slow motion falls, where the only thing injured was my pride. Incidentally, it was a really nice bale of hay; a mix of grass and alfalfa. The sheep sure enjoyed it. Have slowly been upping the grain- and I mean slowly, as I don't want issues.

Have to get one of those slanted with several tines pitchforks as opposed to the old thing with only three tines, which does not work well with sheep droppings. Horse? Maybe, Cow? okay, but not sheep.

Dan needs to get back to regular work. I can see that in him. So, I guess I will separate out my lambs and get to it.

This morning I saw that all the snow had melted in the yard- that was fast. We didn't get much, but still... lots of fog this morning owing to all that wetness.

Rough night last night, old cat was ill, and I caused it by over feeding her. It's pretty sad when I am so keyed into her digestive function I can predict if a problem will arise... I did not sleep well, but I will take a nap later today.

So, that's about it. Not much exciting to report these days. But, I guess in some ways, no news is good news!

No comments: