Thursday, February 25, 2010

News from Lake Wobegon

Well, not much going on these days. The weather is proving to be "interesting" to say the least. Every day this week, starting Tues, we have had forecasts of snow/rain, and LOTS of it. Yesterday, I awoke to a decent amount of VERY heavy snow. I swear it was about 40 lbs/sq inch. I had to break up the snow into pieces to be able to move it (just slide it, not lift it). As I was shoveling, the snow that fell from branches felt like snow balls pelting me.

I was able to play with the dogs yesterday late afternoon, but it wasn't so fun, because Danny kept losing the ball in the snow. This is one thing he is NOT so good at. I swear, he's the Helen Keller of search dogs... His nose is not so good either. I dare say that if HE were an avalanche rescue dog, I would not hang my hat on my hopes that he would find anyone!

I ordered a new bed for the dogs. Kylie usurped a cat bed, but it's really too small for her. I bought a snuggler bed, that has an egg crate "mattress", and it's the right size for her. Well, last night she slept in it, and it went over well, because her highness did not wake me up in the wee hours, and walk out to the living room. She actually stayed asleep until I turned on the light! That's big. Kylie has back arthritis, so I believe this is going to be a God send for her.

Today, they say we are going to be walloped with snow, all the way through tomorrow late afternoon. They may cancel my surgery, which I will be fine with. It's no biggy, just arthroscopic repairs of various broken down parts ;)

So, that's all the news from Lake Wobegon, as Garrison says!

No comments: