Friday, December 28, 2012

Proud of myself....

Busy day at work yesterday, and after, I went up to the farm.  More snow at the farm than at my place.  Really glad I have 4wd, as the driveway was plowed in.  The Jeep had no problems at all with it.  I walked the dogs first.  I think it was on the order of 5-6" of the white stuff.  About 1/3 into the walk, I was getting winded.  The dogs were okay, although I am pretty sure Dan was annoyed, because Joe is shorter than he, and could get ahead of him and block him...  Anyway, after the walk, as I was gasping for breath... Time to feed the sheep.  Wheel barrow was no use in this snow, and the sled was missing, so I carried one bale out to them, spread it out, then back for a half, and then to get the grain.   Had to search for the feed pans as they were completely hidden.  Anyway, got all that done, and mental note to find that sled...

So, I then head up to my parents' for a visit, and had some left over carrot cake, which was amazing.. just amazing...  Then, I decide to go back to the farm for another walk; this time the other direction more down hill then up... I thought...  So, did the walk and then I was officially tired, and felt like it was time to go home and warm up.  Dogs had frozen whiskers too :)

When I got home I decided that the pile of paper work I had needed to be gone through- in order to get some cleaning done.  So, I went through everything; filed, shredded, threw away, you name it.  MUCH better.  Only thing left to do is find a home for Dan's ribbons...  Then, I made myself a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner, took a hot shower and got in bed.  Was a good energetic and productive day, indeed, I was pretty proud of myself!

No comments: