Saturday, November 13, 2010

Hmmmm, I seem to be waning in my number of updates... I don't mean to be a slacker; I guess I just only want to post when something interesting happens....Well, I am here now, that's all that matters!

So, first, good news. Ginger started to get sick this morning, and instead of letting it go on my bed, or in my bedroom, she ran to the closet where her litter box was- GOOOOOOD kitty!!!!!!!!! Wow, I am pitiful- THAT is exciting.... But, seriously, trust me, it is very very good.

This week went by pretty fast. Worked the dogs, and then on Friday, I got a hay delivery, and later that day, my friend came by and we finished 2nd round of vax on the lambs. Then we worked Danny. My friend tried to hold the sheep, but they were ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS and would not settle. What a mess. Well, I got a couple outruns in, and was told that they were spot on... That's good.

After my friend left, I had to stack the hay that was delivered. I paid through the nose for it and won't be buying from there again- it's just too expensive. Oh, then, after my friend left, I brought Danny and the sheep into a small room in the barn and worked him a bit on packed pen theory. He did pretty well, but we will be going back to that, and I will be bringing a book- that boy needs to chill out.

I was beat after that, because the day previous I had shoveled almost a foot thick of cow flops out of that room.

Then, after work today, I met with some old agility friends at the farm, so they could get their dogs on sheep. One BC/Cattle dog (I think 99% BC) and two Aussies. The BC is apparently not a very happy dog, and last time on sheep she shut down. Well, this little girl was just such a natural and so keen, and calm, she was just a pleasure to work.

The next dog was a boy Aussie who I made the mistake of not being with my sheep. They like to be near me, but I let her owner just try to work the sheep and they bolted- GONE down to the gate, near the lambs. Wow. The BC who was shut down before? She did a wonderful job of covering.

I finally got everything settled, put the sheep back up on the hill, left Lucy to hold them there, and we chatted a bit. The red aussie's owner decided that was enough for the day, so next time, I will have a pen set up.

Then I worked a neat black/white Aussie. He showed some good stuff. A bit unsure of me, but he was going in both directions. Lucy helped keep the sheep to us, and he was definitely tractable, and if maintained on lessons, I believe he could definitely progress.

It was a really nice time, and it was great re-connecting with everyone again. We all went out to lunch in town. I had the best fish and chips I have ever had. The prices were very reasonable too.

It was just a wonderful day, and I look forward to doing it again some time.

I am about three sheets to the wind, and will go to bed early tonight. Tomorrow, not sure if I will work the dogs, but I should probably work Danny....

Well, that's the update :)

No comments: