Saturday, October 2, 2010

A calmness descends

Although I have my moments; when I am over worked, tired and crabby, generally, I have been finding myself oddly relaxed and that I believe, is due to heading to the farm just about every single day, working the dogs, doing various chores, and feeling all the better for it. Something about being where there is nothing but you and the animals, and quiet. No rushing. Even if you have a lot to do, you seem to be able to get it all in, in a workmanlike fashion, and then, when you head out, you are happy with getting your agenda settled and you are tired in a good way.

I suppose I could live at the farm, but for now, this works. I love my house; it's close to work, and it's really a home for me, and I have put a lot of work into it. Maybe some day I will move, but not just yet.

Today I had quite a busy day. I worked this morning, and then an oil change for my car. Then, grocery store, then work the dogs, and then hit a Church flea market and now home.

I worked the dogs in the steer's field and that was good. Danny still wants to revert to being tight on his left outruns, when he first starts, but we will if it KILLS me, get past that ;) The sheep were good in the new field and it was nice not having sheep that will freak out at a new place. While there, I let out the chickens, fed them and also fed the steers. The steers seem quite happy in the barn these days.

I bought a steak for dinner, and at the Church flea market, I bought an apple cake. That ought to be very good.

Parakeets- there are three babies total. Two are stunning dilute blue color. I cannot seem to get a good shot yet, but will try again. The two pretty dilutes have fledged, but there is one more hold out sitting in the box. I wish he would join his brothers and sisters. Would be easier for mom to take care of... maybe?

So, that's it for now. Pretty happy with my Saturday, and tomorrow heading to parents for dinner, and of course work dogs again. It doesn't really get any better than this.

No comments: