Sunday, August 16, 2009

Cooperstown 1, Julie / Lucy 0

Well, it was almost a mirror image of last year, but worse ;) As I recall, last year, Lucy pushed on the fetch, I walked from the post and we finished without a score.

This time we didn't get that far.

We were 4th in. The runs were not going to well. The Scotties knew where the exhaust was and that was where they were going.

I sent Lucy come by; she was not as wide as I would have liked, so I gave her a "get out". She took it, and came in decently behind the sheep- and not hard. Well, the release by the set out was all it took for those ewes to decided to head for the exhaust.

I gave Lucy several "aways" and she tried very very hard to get to their heads to stop them, but when they entered the suck zone - the area where the sheep are close enough to the exhaust, that they are going hell or high water, the sheep moved even faster. Honestly, even IF Lucy had gotten to their heads, I think they would have run right over her. The sheep made it to the exhaust and Lucy was ready to bring them back, but one jumped the gate, and that's all there was to that. I called Lucy to me, and she came back happily, doing her gazelle pronging to look for other sheep.

Some days you're the windshield, some days your the bug. We were most definitely the latter. Oh well. You win some, you lose some!

No comments: