Thursday, May 8, 2008

Been a while....

Since I have posted. Not sure why, I guess I have just been very busy, and have a lot on my mind with the clinic coming up etc. Things are going well with the yard- I got some top soil delivered, and spread out/seeded. Yard is coming along nicely, and I have got to get out there and mow. I spent the last couple of days focusing on shampooing carpets. My goodness do the carpets look great! Lucy got to work another unfamiliar group of sheep the other day. I think they were St. Croix/Kathadin, though not sure. Wasn't sure how things would go, but she did very well. Not perfect, but she is just coming into her own quite nicely, and feeling her sheep well. We got to work the whole group at one point- 25-30 sheep maybe? Lucy was just absolutely perfect. Her outrun/lift/fetch, could not have been improved- I may be bias, but you know what, I didn't have to say a darn thing. She just did it. Makes me wonder what I am doing to make her do things that I don't like- since she obviously knows what to do on her own!

The clinic preparations are coming along. I have found a good place for the lunches- close by, and I am told, very tasty. Kevin and Kay will be staying with my parents for the time between the trial and the clinic. It wasn't the initial plan, but I think it will work out very well. We have a very full roster of dogs, so I will have to remain on task to make sure every one gets their fair share of time- a timer will help me with that. We are all looking forward to Kevin's experienced insight into the inner workings of sheepdog work/thought processes. I know for me and Lucy, there are things that I have questions about, that I bet Kevin, knowing Kelpies and looking in from outside, as it were, will be able to enlighten me on. It will be tiring- as I am staying in a camper on the sight, and I am a real homebody (read, don't sleep well out of my own bed), but, I think I will end up being very tired each night- which will help me sleep :)

I also got pricing on new furnaces, which I am happy to say are a little cheaper than I thought they would be- though not cheap. This will help with fuel bills this winter- that and keeping the heat down to 50, and using space heaters as needed....

No comments: